Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A New Awareness

I can tell it's January with all of the people signing up for fitness classes, working out with the WiiFit they got for Christmas and making better decisions when buying groceries. I think organic food is going to be a HUGE market in the very near future. That's good news. And I've really noticed the "Baby Boomer" generation (of which I am a member) are less trusting of conventional medicine/prescriptions and turning to natural remedies that not only alleviate symptoms but work at alleviating the "cause" of the symptoms. But I've also noticed the younger generation becoming more health-conscious as well and that's REALLY good news! It's about time we realized that "pills" won't fix what's wrong with us - granted they may make us feel better for the short term (or maybe even the long term) but the side-effects of most prescription medications are frightening to say the least!!!
The key to this emerging "wellness" revolution is awareness - just being more aware of the foods & meds going into your mouth; exploring different treatments for ailments like headaches, colds...the common things - not just popping pills. I find myself being much more aware on a daily basis. I'm making better decisions when it comes to eating, buying groceries, even in my cooking. There are so many alternatives out there - we just have to be willing and open-minded enough to try things.
I've subscribed to www.mercola.com and always find something new and interesting in that newsletter. I don't always take it as "gospel" but it gets me thinking and that's a good thing. I also take my ForeverGreen products daily (www.8794548.myforevergreen.org) and feel soooo much better than I did even 6 months ago. I was starting to feel old (before my time?) with aches, pains, tiredness and now I feel really good and have lost some weight too! Because I'm getting optimum nutrition on a daily basis my body is responding positively. It's a start! I'm hopeful that with increased awareness and sharing of information we can all make a real difference in turning around the sad state of our health and setting a better example for our children and grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment