Saturday, February 20, 2010

Olympics and McDonalds???

I'm sorry but somehow, equating the best athletes in the world with a Big Mac is oxymoronic to me. I realize that the highest bidder was probably what decided who would be one of the official sponsors of the 2010 Olympics but what were the organizers thinking? They had a fantastic opportunity that they passed over in exchange for big money.

At a time when we, as one of the richest countries in the world, also have one of the highest rates of childhood obesity; a frightening number of chronic health conditions directly related to poor eating habits and spend hundreds of millions of dollars on treating these conditions these Winter Olympics would have been a fantastic world stage on which to promote a healthy lifestyle.

I think that educating people and helping them regain their health through healthier eating and lifestyle changes is going to ultimately depend on each of us, the "little people". By taking steps ourselves to be proactive about our health, setting good examples for our children and families and sharing with others how easy it really is, we can truly make a difference. We will be like the pebble thrown into the pond - a small ripple that gets bigger and bigger. This is evident from the number of small businesses being launched that promote health ie. health food stores, naturopathic clinics, fitness centres. Word of mouth from people who have succeeded in improving and restoring their health may not garner a spot as an Olympic sponsor but it may be the "slow and steady" approach that eventually wins this race.

If you're interested about regaining your health and that of your family I invite you to consider bringing ForeverGreen products into your life. They've made a huge difference in my personal health and I feel better than I ever have. Visit www.8794548.myforevergreen.org and then contact me for more information. I'm always happy to spread the word about health!

No comments:

Post a Comment