Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nature's Pharmacy

Flu season is upon us once again and the media feeding frenzy has begun as have the "scare tactics". I don't know what your personal views are on flu shots but I have never had a flu shot and don't plan on getting one anytime soon. Now, this could be because I generally don't get the flu but I've always just had a "gut feeling" about this subject and now that I'm taking my Holistic Nutritionist course I am more convinced than ever that there is a better way to fight the flu that won't compromise our immune system.


The human body has the amazing ability to fight pathogens, viruses and anything that threatens it but IT HAS TO BE HEALTHY to do this effectively and most of us are not that healthy to begin with. Our immune system has been weakened by years of poor nutrition, lack of exercise, being on antibiotics and getting flu shots. I think we're all aware of how overused antibiotics are and have been in the past, which has led us to a world of "superbugs" - viruses that are resistant to antibiotics. The reason this happened is because Mother Nature has a built-in protective system that applies to all living things and, like it or not, viruses and bacteria are living things. When something threatens it (like antibiotics) it naturally evolves to offset that threat. It's a vicious cycle with mankind trying to beat Nature and, if I were a betting person, I would bet on Nature winning everytime.



The really interesting thing I've learned recently is that there are products in nature that are as effective at killing pathogens and viruses as antibiotics are! One of these products from nature is Oil of Oregano. Just "Google" it and read about the amazing antibiotic properties of this essential oil. Actually, all of the essential oils have phenomonal healing properties and have been used for centuries & ForeverGreen has a whole product line of these oils - I'm definitely going to be looking more closely at them!

I am also very pleased that ForeverGreen is, once again, proving itself to be a company that is at the forefront of making clean, natural products available to those of us interested in being healthy as naturally as possible. They are launching a new product on Oct 1st called "Immuneyes" - just in time for flu season - that contains Oil of Oregano, Virgin Coconut Oil AND Marine Phytoplankton! Using products found in Nature to kill off bacteria and viruses makes a lot of sense to me - sort of like letting Nature take it's course - rather than introducing man-made pharmaceuticals into our bodies which kill off not only the "bad bugs" but also kill off any of the "good bugs" we need to have a strong immune system.

If you are someone who is skeptical about having the flu shot or would just like to educate yourself about possible natural alternatives to the flu shot and antibiotics, please visit: http://seawellness.immuneyesdaily.com/ for a short but thought-provoking video. Also watch the following 3rd party video for more very interesting information: http://www.injectionprotection.com/



I totally respect every individual's beliefs when it comes to taking care of themselves and their family. I just hope that people aren't blindly trusting in something that the government and medical authorities tells them they MUST do by using scare tactics and fear-mongering. After the H1N1 fiasco of last season, I personally don't believe much of what the "authorities" have to say. That's not to say that antibiotics and immunzations aren't important - they ARE! But I'd like to think that they're there for real life-threatening emergencies, not for a sore throat or the sniffles. Medical advancements have been huge in our lifetime but I believe preventative medicine, where we do all we can to STAY healthy, makes more sense than just depending on over-worked doctors and pharmaceuticals to "fix" us when we've let our health go.

As always, thanks for letting me rant and I hope I've left you with "food" for thought.

Mary-Lou














No comments:

Post a Comment