Friday, June 18, 2010

How OLD is YOUR Cardiovascular System?

Well, I'm off to Lethbridge next week to FINALLY get certified to administer Digital Pulse Wave Screening! I've been waiting for several months and it's now just around the corner. I'm very excited to be able to offer this important diagnostic tool to people.

The BPro device captures the Central Aortic Systolic Pressure right out of the Aorta through the Radial Artery of the wrist. In about 10 minutes, I will be able to tell you the "chronological" age of your cardiovascular system. This non-invasive screening is important for the early detection of heart/cardiovascular disease and, perhaps, more importantly, gives us the ability to take steps through improved nutrition, lifestyle changes and, of course, working with your physician to halt and reverse the progression of the disease.

If you remember, I was first screened back in October 2009 and found out that the chronological age of my cardiovascular system was about 90 years old! I was shocked at how "old" it was but not really surprised since heart disease runs in my family. I immediately started taking Pulse 8, a L-arginine based nutritional supplement and when I was re-tested in April 2010 my results were amazing! My cardiovascular age is now between 50 and 60 years - it has improved by 30 years! As I continue to take the Pulse 8, the elasticity and health of my arteries will continue to get better. I will potentially be able to get my cardiovascular health down to a 20-year old level!

The nutritional supplementation is based on Nobel Prize winning research that L-Arginine (a semi-essential amino acid) boosts the production of nitric oxide which greatly improves blood vessel health and elasticity. Nitric oxide derived from arginine is directly or indirectly involved in almost every cellular response and health condition there is. It affects both the cardiovascular system and the immune system, as well as hormone function to nerve function. Nitric oxide is 1,000 times more powerful than any naturally occurring antioxidant in the body. Its antioxidant properties are particularly important for numerous body systems and may help protect against heart disease, stroke, cancer, and diabetes, as well as slowing the aging process. It also benefits the cardiovascular system, by controlling blood pressure and reducing plaque formation through the increased production of nitric, which keeps arteries relaxed and pliable.

I will be holding screening clinics in the very near future in my area so watch for more info. If this technology can help even one person avoid a stroke or heart attack by giving them advance warning of what's going on in their body it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment